The challenge is simple : Pick a distance and run those miles within the month. Feeling adverturous? Go for the 100 mile in one month challenge, just a bit more than 3.1 miles a day. For our younger runners, the 25 mile challenge equals out to one mile a day, with five rest days. Inspired by 'streaking' which is running in consecutive days, this 100 mile challenge is going to push you, but you won't be alone. You'll feel like you're part of a community again as each day runners can log their miles and pictures in an effort of showing support.
All proceeds from Run Wilsonville will go towards Fun in the Park, a Wilsonville nonprofit that has it roots in the Wilsonville Celebration Days (back in the 1970's) and for the past 20 years has been providing top level entertainment, at no cost, to kids and families in the Wilsonville community and beyond.
Without public financial support, Fun in the Park is facing a financial situation that will not allow it to continue in 2021. We hope that Run Wilsonville will help continue the strong community value that Fun in the Park has always stood for and provided.
About Run for More : RFM is about committing to run for more than just yourself. Please don't get us wrong, we fully believe running possesses extreme personal benefits that are good for all and those should all stay with you. But when you are ready to add more purpose to your daily/weekly/monthly run, that is where RFM fits in.
You'll also get a "Run for More" shirt mailed to you!
How to enter the Run Wilsonville - A Benefit to Keep Wilsonville's Longest Running Community Event Fun in the Park
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your results during the event time window.
- Run 100mi
- Run 50mi
- Run 25mi
How to complete the total distance
Complete the total distance anywhere you like, in as many sections as you like.
Simply record your activities and submit your results as you go. Each time you submit a result, the distance you've done will be added to your overall total distance.
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Download a distance tracking app
- Before heading out for each activity, ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged, and make sure you have a safe route planned.
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Take a photo to share with your fellow participants
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your results
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide the distance and time you completedEvery time you submit a result, the distance will get added to your total distance for the challenge.
- Share your photo and celebrate your progress with the community