This run’s for you, America.
Between July 1st and 5th, challenge yourself to run, walk, or fly like an eagle, then upload your 5k results to the leaderboard and see where you rank! Remember, you are doing this for YOU (and America) so what better way than to reward yourself with a pair of Goodr sunglasses!?
While we are still “all in this together”, sometimes it’s nice to do something just for yourself! You have the option to include the Goodr voucher during registration for a pair of your very own sunglasses that are perfect for runners, cyclists, golfers, beasts, and Bald Eagles or you can just race for your best time...or both...or just go for a leisurely stroll. You have earned it, do what makes you feel best!
You will have 5 days from the start of the race to complete the distance and upload your race data back on this page. Simply record your run using your favorite run tracking app or GPS watch, snap a screenshot of your completed race and a selfie and upload it to the finishers' gallery.
10% of all profits will go towards Hounds for Heroes Service Dogs for Veterans. Their focus is on healing veterans and their families through programs that incorporate the powerful human-canine bond.
N.B. Goodr vouchers are only available to those in the U.S. and will be sent to your inbox after race week.
The finish line
Let's welcome our most recent participants completing their race:
F 30 - 34
2 days ago
M 65 - 69
a day ago
M 30 - 34
a day ago
F 50 - 54
a day ago
F 60 - 64
38 minutes ago
How to enter the Stars & Strides Virtual 5k
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your result during the event time window.
- Run 5kmBooked 10 times this week
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you go further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.