It’s time to lace up your shoes and get moving for the annual Twins Days Inc. 5K Race & Fun Walk! This year our virtual event is open to all runners and walkers (twins and non-twins) globally! Sign up for the 1 mile/1.61 km fun walk/run/stroll and post your finish selfie in the gallery. If you’re a runner or twin set of runners, sign up for the 5K for the fame, glory, and a race T-shirt! We know that usually medals are sent out for the top finishers which often collect dust in a drawer, but not with this event! Top finishers in the following categories will receive a race T-shirt with their award(s) custom printed on the back!
Registration for both events opens on July 4, 2020.
Race/walk events must be completed between 12:01 AM EST Thursday, August 6 through 11:59 PM Friday, August 7, 2020.
5K runners must finish the race to receive a T-shirt. GPS verification with time and distance must be uploaded to the event site by the close of the race to qualify.
Twins should register as a team at the same time to be eligible for twin finisher recognition.
5K finisher shirts for non-award winners will be mailed 1-3 weeks following the close of the event; top finisher shirts will be mailed 3-5 weeks after the close of the event.
How to enter the Twins Days 5K & 1-mile Fun Run/Walk
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your result during the event time window.
- Run 1mi
- Run 5km
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you go further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.