Distances in this event
- Triathlon: Swim 0.5km, Bike 21km, Run 5km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.2km, Bike 21km, Run 2.5km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.2km, Bike 21km, Run 2.5km
North West Triathlon routes
The event starts with the swim in the only heated outdoor brine swimming pool in Great Britain, followed by a one lap 13.4 mile cycle around the South Cheshire countryside until returning to the Barony Park in Nantwich for the final run, in and around the park itself.
Outdoor pool swim in one of very few remaining inland brine pools left in the UK. 30.5m Heated Outdoor Pool.
Sprint & Relay 500M - 16 lengths. Super Sprint Fun 200M - 6 lengths
- Swimmers will be started at 20 second intervals in the Sprint & Relay and 15 second intervals in the Super Sprint, Fun and Cancer Research UK Pink Wave.
- The swim course is very straightforward and there are signs and stewards to help if you get confused, don’t worry, it's easy!
- It is up to you to count your own lengths.
- Please take extra care on the poolside floor and steps with wet feet, as it will be slippery!
- Please be on poolside 10 minutes before your start time for your compulsory
Cheshire countryside bike course.
Sprint & Relay 20k - 1 lap. Fun & Super Sprint 20k - 1 lap
- Make sure your bike is working properly with our pre race service/check.
- When you finish your swim, change into your cycling gear in Cycle Transition Area 1 unless you are wearing a trisuit.
- Your race number must be clearly displayed on your back for the cycle section of the event.
- Use the bag you received at registration to put any items in from the swim (such as goggles or a towel), leave the bag next to where your cycle was in the transition. It will be returned to bag collection on the Barony Park near the registration marquee for you to collect after finishing the triathlon (you must show your race number to retrieve your bag).
- Take extra special care when exiting the car park.
- 1 lap of the course completes the distance.
- The course is mainly flat with some undulations.
- Please take extra care at all junctions; although there are safety marshals present, they are not there to stop traffic or tell you where to go.
- Follow the cycle route signs around the course and do not turn until you see a
Barony Park grass run courseSprint & Relay 5K - 4 laps Super Sprint & Fun 2.5k - 2 laps
- When you finish the bike course, enter Cycle Transition Area 2 and rack your bike.
- Your race number must be clearly visible on your front before leaving the Cycle Transition Area.
- Follow the run route signs around the course.
- It is up to you to count your laps on the run, marshals will be taking numbers as a check in the case of suspected insufficient laps completed.
- There is one feed station on the run course and one at the finish line which will be serving High5 energy drink and water.
- When you have finished the run filter into the sign posted ‘finish lane’ and continue through the finish line.
WATER STATIONS - RUN
There will be one or more feed stations around the course serving both water and High5
RACE PHOTOGRAPHEROur official event photographers, New Pixels Photography, will be in attendance on the day to capture your best sporting moments, with the option to purchase your photographs online post event.
THE COURSE SPECIFICS
Average swim times:
Male Sprint - 9minutes
Female Sprint - 11minutes
Male Super Sprint - 4:10minutes
Female Super Sprint - 5minutes
Male Fun - 5minutes
Female Fun - 5minutes
- Finisher’s medal
- Race packs collected on the day
- 200 participants
From the organizer
The North West Triathlon is set in Nantwich, Cheshire and offers a spectator friendly venue for supporting family or friends and a fun and relaxed atmosphere is guaranteed.
With 2 triathlons a year in Nantwich the events have welcomed thousands of competitors to partake in these triathlons aimed at all abilities, all levels of fitness, from complete novice to club and pro triathlete, as well as charity and fun competitors.
UK Triathlon has dedicated a section of the event solely to The Pink Wave and is working in partnership with Cancer Research UK to raise money for research into all 200 types of cancer. We welcome & want to encourage all women to have a go! Any age, any abilities. High 5's, cheers, and a lot of pink guaranteed!
Frequently Asked Questions
North West Triathlon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
North West Triathlon reviews
Reasons people recommend this event
Good for beginners
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was North West Triathlon?