Challenge yourself in the River Dart with this swim and aquathlon event. Great for athletes looking for a new test, the course kicks off from the Dart-Totnes Rowing Club and tracks along the Sharpham side of the river. Come for the scenic surroundings or for fresh cool water in the height of summer.
2.5k Swim, 5k Swim, 7k Aquathlon , and 3 more
Sun, 4 Jun 2023
Totnes, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
Official booking partner
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
The event experience
Based on location and reviews
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £5 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
Steamer Quay Rd, Totnes TQ9 5AL, UK
Sun, 4 Jun 2023
7k Aquathlon :
10k Aquathlon :
Here's what races are available for Wild Dart Swim & Aquathlon
This event consists of five different options: 2.5k swim, 5k swim, 7k aquathlon, 10k aquathlon and 15k aquathlon. This year, all swimmers will swim with the tide.
2.5k & 5k Swim
The 5k swim will be a one-way route from Totnes to Ashprington Point Field. (Different course to previous years)
The 2.5k swimmers will start at the same place, but in separate waves - decided by predicted finish time.
The swim will take you alongside the two path and reed beds, which line the Sharpham side of the river and you can enjoy the scenic views of rolling hills to your left.
5k, 7k, 10k, & 15k Aquathlons
The 7k aquathlon will follow the same swim route as the 2.5k, before undertaking a formidable 4.5K run with some formidable hills within it. The running route will take you through the scenic vineyards in Sharpham before tracking along a cycle track from Sharpham House to Moat Hill.
Similarly, the 15k aquathlon will take runners up the hill from Sharpham House before heading down through Ashprington and towards Bow Bridge. From here, runners will follow Harbourne River to Beenleigh Cross, before turning back toward Totnes.
*Please make sure you have plenty of time to complete the registration process.
Entrants must be the following ages to enter each of the following races:
12+ to enter the 2.5k Swim and Go Tri Event
15 to enter the 7k Aquathlon
16+ to enter the Paddleboard
18+ to enter the 5k Swim, 15k Aquathlon, and 10k Aquathlon
Black Friday discounts on now! Choose your event below to see unique event offers.
Wild Running offers adventurous, off piste camps and events in beautiful locations, which expand your horizons and boost your self belief by providing a unique and educational experience, not soon forgotten.
- Wetsuit: Please make sure that you are wearing some kind of wetsuit. Please contact email@example.com. if you'd like to swim without a wesuit as they may allow it. If they allow it the organiser will pass this information onto our water safety team
- Swim socks or gloves are not needed but you MUST wear the event swim cap provided
- As swimrun events are supposed to be self-sufficient, you may bring a tow float if you are doing only the 5k swim or the 10k aquathlon
- Hand paddles are optional
Mandatory 2.5k and 5k Swim Kit List
- 1 wetsuit/shorty/ trisuit per participant suitable for water temperature of min 14 degrees Celsius
- 1 pair goggles per participant
- 1 whistle per participant
- Drop bags for 5k swimmers (with shoes/dry clothes)
- Emergency food (energy bar or snacks additional to that provided at transition stations)
- £20 in sealed bag
- Soft bottle, collapsable or fast cup for water station
- Tow float for 5k swimmers and 10k aquathlons only
All normal swim run kit will be permitted, except for tow buoys. Swimmers will be permitted to swim in their running shoes. However, bungee cords and flippers will NOT be permitted. Colour-coded labels will be given to you at registration, to affix to your bags.
- 1 pair off-road trainers per participant
- Drop bag if you wish to use your own. (we will provide bin bags and baggage tags plus a permanent marker pen)
Mandatory Equipment that Wild Running Events will supply
- Swim caps – must be worn during all the swims
-Race chip and wristband.
- Drop bag for 5k swimmers (with shoes)
How do waves get decided for the Wild Dart Swim and Aquathlon?
Waves will be split into two, with 2.5k swimmers in the first wave and 5k swimmers in the second, starting 15 mins apart. Some of the slower 5k swimmers may enter the first wave. Further wave details will be finalised in the week leading up to the event.
Are there any on-site refreshments at the Wild Dart Swim and Aquathlon?
There is a cafe at Sharpham as well as the Riverside Cafe which will be serving breakfast, cake, tea and coffee.
How do I get back from Sharpham at the Wild Dart Swim and Aquathlon?
A bus service will run from the cafe at Sharpham to the Riverside cafe from 12.30pm onwards.
Do I need to wear a wetsuit to swim at the Wild Dart Swim and Aquathlon?
Participants are allowed to swim without wetsuits, unless the river temperature is below 15 degrees.