An out and back route from Thetford, in Norfolk, using one of the oldest Roman roads in Britain, the Ickneild Way. Friendly half marathon event in the heart of South Norfolk. A mix of road and trail running.
Half Marathons in Norwich
Fast, flat half marathon run in early September round the idyllic Norfolk countryside starting and finishing in the historic village of Oxborough. The course is accessible for wheelchair athletes.
Natural England, the RSBP and the National Trust are but a sample of the many key-holders managing this sensitive and beautiful landscape. We are privileged to run in this peaceful and serene landscape and all those who respect their environment are welcome to join us! Extremely flat by Endurancelife standards the Suffolk 10K, half, marathon and ultra courses are quick, but we have no doubt it will become a Series favourite.
Can't find an event?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible.
We're talking Usain Bolt fast.
What you need to know about Half Marathons
At 13.1 miles, a half marathon is long enough to test even the strongest runners, but short enough for almost anyone determined to conquer their next challenge. We have a jam-packed calendar of half marathons taking place up and down the country — from big ballot events to local community races and spectacular trail runs. Get involved and conquer your next challenge.
Find local Half Marathon running races
A half marathon is a fantastic event for those new to running to really push themselves, or as a great warm up event for those ready to tackle a full marathon or even an ultramarathon
- What is the distance covered in half marathon?
- The half marathon is one of running`s most popular distance - a half marathon is 13.1 miles (or 21.1km).
- What is an average time for a half marathon?
- Breaking 2:00 (9:09 per mile pace) is a common goal, and that time is considered a respectable half marathon time among runners. The average times for half marathons in the U.S. in 2015 were 2:04:00 for males and 2:22:21 for females.
- What is the half marathon world record?
- The world record for men is 58:23 for men and 1:04:52 for women.
- How long does it take to train for a half marathon?
- If you are working with a training plan you can achieve a half marathon in 8 weeks.