Introducing the Tough Runner Trail Half Marathon, part of the first ever Tough Runner Trail Festival. Set to be one of the most exciting challenges in the UK this race will take you on a journey both mentally and physically through the beautiful surroundings of Afan Forest. Over the last few months, The team at Tough Runner UK have been working closely with Natural Resources Wales to develop a courses that are safe, fair and challenging.
Half Marathons in Swansea, Wales
Without doubt this is one of Wales' most scenic races and without doubt it is one of the cheapest half marathon offering all the participants the same if not more than some of the big city races.
Gower was the first place in Britain to be designated an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' (AONB). The unique peninsula is a protected haven for some of the richest and most varied wildlife habitats in the UK. The coastal trails here are set against an awe-inspiring natural backdrop of cliff tops, downland, woodland, sand dunes and world famous beaches. This trail running paradise is very accessible from most parts of the UK.
Can't find an event?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible.
We're talking Usain Bolt fast.
What you need to know about Half Marathons
At 13.1 miles, a half marathon is long enough to test even the strongest runners, but short enough for almost anyone determined to conquer their next challenge. We have a jam-packed calendar of half marathons taking place up and down the country — from big ballot events to local community races and spectacular trail runs. Get involved and conquer your next challenge.
Find local Half Marathon running races
A half marathon is a fantastic event for those new to running to really push themselves, or as a great warm up event for those ready to tackle a full marathon or even an ultramarathon
- What is the distance covered in half marathon?
- The half marathon is one of running`s most popular distance - a half marathon is 13.1 miles (or 21.1km).
- What is an average time for a half marathon?
- Breaking 2:00 (9:09 per mile pace) is a common goal, and that time is considered a respectable half marathon time among runners. The average times for half marathons in the U.S. in 2015 were 2:04:00 for males and 2:22:21 for females.
- What is the half marathon world record?
- The world record for men is 58:23 for men and 1:04:52 for women.
- How long does it take to train for a half marathon?
- If you are working with a training plan you can achieve a half marathon in 8 weeks.