Hell of a Hill Marathon is arguably the toughest 26.2 miles in the UK, and the toughest 5 consecutive marathons in 5 days in the World - only the toughest dare to challenge the Hill for 5 consecutive days! The mighty Rivington Pike stands 1,191ft tall on the West Pennine Moors, and runners have to pass over the summit a massive 40 times to complete the challenge of a lifetime. A total of 30,000ft of elevation gain (Mount Everest!) and 131 miles of tough stone and mud trail running in the cold Winter months!.
Liverpool Marathon Events
Outlon Park has been home to many motor racing events since the 1950s and has previously hosted the British Touring Car Championship, British F3 and British Superbikes Championship. This is a unique opportunity to choose from a 5k, 10k, Half Marathon or Full Marathon and enjoy the thrill of running a brand new course and racing your way to a new chip timed personal best on this smooth traffic free tarmac motor racing circuit!
Each Mile will be accurately marked out and we have plenty of helpers to keep you quite literally on track and encourage you on your way to that chequered flag finish. Included in your entry fee is a Themed medal, event T-shirt, water and post race goodies Come and enjoy the day with us; we hope to see you there!
The ASICS Greater Manchester marathon in Trafford on the same super fast course that is the flattest marathon course in the UK and one of the flattest in the world.
For 2018, the race village will be at Emirates Old Trafford, the home of Lancashire Cricket Club and will be sited on the car park in front of the stadium. You will start the race just a short walk away on the A56 White City Roundabout and finish on Talbot Road outside Emirates Old Trafford. The venue change is in line with our growth plans for the event and now allows us to have an 8m wide finish giving you a spectacular finale to your great day.
Some highlights of the route:
- The flattest marathon course in the UK - flatter than London, Edinburgh, New York, Chicago and many others
- Perfect PB course
- The race village situated at Emirates Old Trafford, the home of Lancashire County Cricket Club, on the car park in front of the pavilion.
- The race will start on the A56 near the White City roundabout, a short walk from the race village at Emirates Old Trafford
- Awesome entertainment and support along the course - see the comments page to hear what our runners said
- The route will be held entirely on closed, main roads
- More of the route in Altrincham where the crowd support was amazing
- We have a new 8m wide finish outside Emirates Old Trafford, Lancashire County Cricket Club (LCCC) on Talbot Road
At our 2017 event 86% of the top 50 recorded a PB or SB and 50% of the top 250 got a PB. This race is YOUR best chance to get a marathon PB!
Race through the city where Rock laid its Roots! Walk or run in the steps of the Beatles, and let the beat go on as you discover Liverpools rock/ pop history along your marathon or half marathon journey.
Celebrate New Year with a marathon - or two! You can can take part in either the New Years Eve race, New Years Day race or even both marathons if you're feeling brave! A no frills race with around 100 people of mixed abilities taking part.
Can't find an event?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible.
We're talking Usain Bolt fast.