Returning once again, The Bridport Half marathon, 10km & 5km will start and finish at St Mary's field by the football club on the western edge of Bridport.
The route will be open to traffic, however there are plenty of wide pavements, quite roads and cycle-paths to run on also with plenty of marshals around the course , the run is a safe, scenic route around Bridport town.
How to enter the Bridport Half Marathon, 10km, 5km
- Run 21.1km
- Run 10km
- Run 5km
Bridport Half Marathon, 10km, 5km routes
The run will head out to Symondsbury along West Road, before heading through the beautiful village itself, then onto Broadoak before we head for Salway ash and then back to pymore, being a longer distance there are a few more hills, but once we link up with the 10 km course its back to flat.
Being Dorset we have beautiful villages, wide open spaces and an odd hill, but with no cut off, you can enjoy the day and add that Half marathon to your running repertoire.
The route will be open to traffic, however there are plenty of wide pavements, quite roads and cycle-paths to run on also with plenty of marshals around the course, the run is a safe, scenic route around Bridport Town
The 10 km route will start in one of the main parks of Bridport, this is to help separate out the runners before heading into the road sections through North Allington and onto the flat of St Swithens and Pymore, after which is a very small hill (the only one) which takes us over Dodham's lane.
The run from here follows wide cycle-paths and is a flat speedy affair, which will take you through one of the fastest run sections in Bridport "Barrack street", a great place to have friends and family cheer you on, as its a glut of coffee shops, also it gives them enough time to walk back to the finish, to watch as you cross the finish line.
The final KM are flat, wide and although not fun at the time, the medal at the end will make you smile.
With water stations at 2.5 km and 6.5 km, there is nothing for you to do but run.
The 5 km run will also start and finish at St Mary's, it will head out towards the football club and then will follow the quieter roads around the town.
Because we want to encourage as many people to run as possible (Including children) its a nice safe easy two 2.5 km laps, on wide pavements, or through parks (Paths and cycle ways), so super safe. Great for kids and adults that just are not quite ready for the bigger distance
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
- There is a safe place where I can park my car, near the event?Hi there, the organiser has advised that parking is available in various car parks around the town, all of which are within 500m of registration and the start. I hope you enjoy the event and please reach out if you have any further questions!
- Can you just confirm whether the half marathon is starting 9 or 9:30? I’m getting emails saying both!Hey there, just to let you know that the half marathon starts at 9:30am. All the best!
Bridport Half Marathon, 10km, 5km weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Bridport Half Marathon, 10km, 5km reviews (8)
4.4 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Weymouth Half Marathon22nd Mar 2020, Weymouth4.5(15)
- Bath Half Marathon15th Mar 2020, Bath4.3(36)
- Weston Super Half29th Mar 2020, Weston-super-Mare
- Beyond Thorney Trail Fest10th Sep 2020, Thorney
- Jurassic Trail East Meets West25th Apr 2020, Bridport4.6(5)
- Reading Half Marathon5th Apr 2020, Reading4.5(30)