Grim Reaper 10, 40, 70, 100 Miler
1 / 4
Take in the picturesque views of the Grimsthorpe Castle and estate as you explore everything the course has to offer, from ancient woodlands to disused Victorian railways as well as its amazing lake. Either take on the Ultra or spice things up with the 10 mile night race. Come for a great adventure.
100 Miler, 70 Miler, 40 Miler, and 2 more
Sat, 20 May 2023
Grimsthorpe, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
5 to 20m elevation gain per km
Where and when
Grimsthorpe Castle Park & Gardens, Estate Office, Grimsthorpe, Bourne PE10 0LY, UK
Sat, 20 May 2023
100 Miler:7:00am |
70 Miler:7:00am |
40 Miler:8:00am |
10 Miler - Day:9:00am |
10 Miler - Night:9:00pm
Take on this 10 mile loop around picturesque grass trails throughout ancient woodlands, limestone tracks, and quiet roads. The fully-marked course is undulating throughout, this is ideal for all looking to step up to a longer distance.
- Finisher's Medal
- Goody Bag
- Trophies for 1st male and female in all solo races
- Aid Station - mile 5
- Food and Drinks (extra cost)
- Fully-marked course
- Free camping
How to get there
Grimsthorpe Castle Park & Gardens, Estate Office, Grimsthorpe, Bourne PE10 0LY, UKGet full directions
Runners are permitted to camp on-site from Friday to Saturday. The camp will be close to the start/finish line.
The closest train station to Grimsthorpe Castle Park & Gardens is Stamford (Lincs), from there you can take the bus to Grimsthrope Castle.
Grimsthorpe Castle is located just off of the A1 just past Corby Glen towards Bourne.
Event day logistics
07:00 100 and 70 Miler start
08:00 40 Miler starts
09:00 10 Miler day starts
21:00 10 Miler night starts
09:00 100 and 70 Miler races cut-off time
10:00 40 Miler cut-off time
- Runners must follow the marked course at all times, if you are found off course you will be disqualified
- Your bib number must be worn on your front at all times
- Runners must not stash food/supplies on the course
- If you are caught littering you will be disqualified
- Runners are responsible for the actions of their pacers
- Pacers are permitted only for the 50 mile course and must be on foot
- Runners are only allowed one pacer at one time
- Runners must carry mandatory equipment with them at all times
- Runers are not permitted to run with their dogs
- You must comply with all instructions given at the race briefing
- If you are unable to finish the race you must inform the race directors
- Walking poles are allowed
What to bring
Mandatory Kit List (Ultra-distances)
- Fully charged mobile phone, with mobile numbers of the Race Medic and Race Directors.
- Survival Blanket
- Headtorch/primary light source
- Back-up light source
- Spare Long-sleeved baselayer
- Waterproof jacket
- Water bladder/vest/bottle capable of carrying a minimum of 1 litre of water
- Cup (this is a cupless race)
Kit checks will be made upon registration. If you forget anything you will be able to buy it from the running shop.
Mandatory Kit List (10-mile night race)
- Headtorch or chest torch.
Is there a cut-off for Grim Reaper 10, 40, 70, 100 Miler?
For the 40, 70 and 100 mile races there will be a strict cut-off time of 26 hours.
Will there be medics on the course at the Grim Reaper 10, 40, 70, 100 Miler?
Yes, there will be fully qualified medics onsite throughout the event.
Will there be food and drinks at the Grim Reaper 10, 40, 70, 100 Miler?
Yes, there will be hot food and hot/cold drinks available to purchase throughout the event (from 6am on Saturday until 10am on Sunday).
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.