Peak District Challenge
Silver 75k, Gold Ultra 100k, Back Before Dark - 10k, and 2 more
Fri, 16 Sept 2022 - Sat, 17 Sept 2022
Hathersage, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
Official booking partner
We're #1 in customer satisfaction -
Based on location and reviews
20 to 50m elevation gain per km
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get $10 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Fri, 16 Sept 2022
Sat, 17 Sept 2022
Organiser route images
- A full stew supper
- Goody bag
- Full safety and organisational support
- Water stations
- A pre-walk registration and briefing, along with the route guides that you need
- T-shirt & finisher's medal (if purchased Finisher's Pack)
- Kit guidance and advice
- A scenic and challenging route, and all pre-event planning
- Professional photography
- Cash discount voucher for Wilderness Development
- Tracking for each team on the 25k or longer routes
- Gold Ultra: 20+ (20 year olds must be part of a team including at least one person 21+)
- Silver: 18+
- Bronze: 16+ (16-17 year olds must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian, or join a led group with a guide)
- Copper: 12+ (12 – 15 year olds are permitted as part of a led group, but not in self-navigating teams. They must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. 16 – 17 year olds must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian, or be in a group led by a guide)
- Back Before Dark: 12+ (12 – 17 year olds must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian)
- Waterproof jackets with taped seams and hood. Softshell or “coated” products are not suitable.
- Waterproof trousers with taped seams.
- Walking boots or shoes with a good tread and ideally with high ankle support.
- An extra, spare warm jumper/fleece/primaloft, not worn at the start (not compulsory for 10k Back Before Dark event.) Real down not sufficient
- Any personal medication you need, eg Inhaler, Epipen.
- A headtorch per person. A good quality headtorch will make a big difference to your speed and safety overnight.
- Adequate food and drink to last until the first “food” checkpoint. (Not compulsory for 10k Back Before Dark event)
- Hat and gloves
- Waterproofed physical maps of the Peak District eg British Mountaineering Council Dark Peak, or both Ordnance Survey Outdoor Leisure Dark Peak (known as “OL1”) and White Peak (“OL24”). Electronic mapping and the route guide provided are not sufficient on their own.
- Minor first aid kit including blister and wound dressings. This can be self-assembled or shop-bought.
- A spare headtorch and adequate spare batteries, including for Copper and solo challengers.
- Separate, spare emergency food, not intended for consumption. (Not compulsory for 10k Back Before Dark event)
- Compass, for all teams except Copper Challengers. You are strongly encouraged to purchase a “reputable” brand of compass (e.g. Silva)
- Charged and waterproofed mobile phone (such as this 80g option). (Not compulsory for 10k Back Before Dark event)
- Emergency Shelter large enough for the whole team