Escape to the country plains of Stratford upon Avon for this unique marathon. Ideal for first timers, this predominately flat course will see you wracking up the miles in no time as you run past legendary Shakespearean sites and charming hamlets. Come for a truly British day out and memorable experience.
How to enter the Rotary Shakespeare Marathon and Half Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 13.1mi
Rotary Shakespeare Marathon and Half Marathon routes
Both the Marathon and Half Marathon routes are recognised as officially measured routes of 26.2 miles and 13.1 miles respectively.
Each mile will be marked out along the route to count you down to the finish line.
The majority of the course is flat and tarmac road, making it the perfect event for those athletes wishing to complete their first ever marathon. Where the running route is off road, such as Greenway, the surface is still solid, smooth and safe to run on.
The town centre of Stratford-upon-Avon marks the start of the race and from there, you will loop around this picturesque town before heading out in an anti clockwise direction into the English countryside. Aid and refreshments stations will be positioned along the course to quench your thirst. You'll then return back in the town centre to roaring cheers from friends, family and well-wishers encouraging you along the way for those final few miles to the finish line!
Please note that those runners competing in the Full Marathon must reach Greenway North (11.84 miles) within 2 hours 25 minutes. If not, they will be re-directed to finish the Half Marathon instead. There is a cut of time of 6 hours to complete the route. If you are still on the course after this time, you will be withdrawn from the race and are subject to your own responsibility.
Questions & answers
- Hi there, Are bone conductor headphones allowed please? What is the cut off for the half marathon please?Hi there! Bone conductor headphones are allowed and the cut-off time for the half marathon is 3 hours. Good luck!
- I have booked to do Shakespeare run on 28 April just wondered when we will receive information through as it will be my first half marathon and I am now getting quite nervousHi there. just to let you know that you will receive your race pack about 10 days before the event. This will contain all of the information you will need for racer day
- Hi I have sent in a transfer letter but not heard anything back yet. Slightly concerned as meant to be running this weekend
Rotary Shakespeare Marathon and Half Marathon weather forecast
Overcast throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
Rotary Club of Stratford-upon-Avon are ranked #39 in the UK out of 559 organizers
You may also like
- Milton Keynes Marathon Weekend3rd May, Milton Keynes
- Virgin Money London Marathon26th Apr, London
- The Northants 'Shires and Spires Event' - Ultra 35, Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K16th May, Naseby
- Race to the Tower18th Jul, Whiteshill
- Running Grand Prix Bedford Autodrome - March22nd Mar, Bedford
- Manchester Marathon5th Apr, Stretford