Take part in one of the most scenic open water swims in the UK. Great for all levels of open water swimmers, the course begins in the shelter of the harbour before heading out to the infamous Green Scar. Come for the stunning views of the Pembrokeshire coastline or for the bespoke finisher's medal.
"Not a swim for pool swimmers with no experience of open water sea swimming..."
"The roughest sea swim I have ever done. Nearly gave in to the Black route but..."
"This was a great event- great atmosphere and as a newbie to swimming events..."
See all reviews
How to enter the The Swim To The Edge Series – Solva Swim
- Swim 2.4mi
- Swim 1mi
The Swim To The Edge Series – Solva Swim routes
The Green Monster 2.5 Miles
- The course begins at the beach at the harbour entrance shortly before low tide.
- Swimmers will then head to St Brides Bay before bearing left to Gaseg Rocks
- Swimmers will then swim to the infamous Green Scar and then around the back of this Island.
- Having successfully rounded the island they will head back to the Harbour mouth for a beach finish.
- Please note swimmers but be 18yrs old on the day of the event
The Black Run.
- Swimmers will begin on the beach and head out to St. Brides Bay passing the Rock on the right hand side.
- 0.5 miles away from the beach, swimmers will round a bouy and head back to the beach to the left hand side of the rock.
- Passing the rock on either side can be a challenge so be prepared to tackle the swell.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the age cut-offs for the Solva Swim?
The minimum age for the Green Monster is 18 years, and 16 years for the Black Run.
Can I participate in the Solva Swim if it my first open water swim?
This swim is recommended for those with experience in open water swimming who are confident in their ability to tackle swell and currents.
What will the water temperature for the Solva Swim?
The water temperature is expected to be slightly cooler than previous years. The average in previous years for the similar time period (beginning of June) has been 15 degrees. Competitors will be updated about the water in the weeks leading up to the event. Training allowing for acclimatisation to the conditions is suggested.
Have a question? Get answers from our team.
The Swim To The Edge Series – Solva Swim weather forecast
Moderate breeze possible, up to 11mph
Meet the organizer
MUUK Adventures are ranked #31 in the UK out of 560 organizers
To sum it up at MUUK-Adventures we would say that we are a provider and facilitator of all things outdoor related. To explain this further we specialise in 3 areas; Endurance Sports, Adventure Breaks, and Water Based Activities. We manage to achieve this by having a diverse team and working with our partners, who are all established leaders and experts in their fields.
You may also like
- The Swim To The Edge Series – The Abereiddy Swim15th Aug, Haverfordwest
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events13th Jun, Llanberis
- The Snowman Triathlon1st Aug, Betws-y-Coed
- English Riviera Triathlon & Beach Swim5th Jul, Paignton
- Wild Dart Swim & Aquathlon27th Jun, Totnes
- BHF Bournemouth Pier to Pier Swim12th Jul, Bournemouth