- . 209 days left to book
See any improvements? Be the first to make this page better.
How to enter the Cardiff Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 1.5km, Bike 37km, Run 9km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.75km, Bike 18.5km, Run 4.7km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.4km, Bike 9.3km, Run 2.5km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.75km, Bike 20.4km, Run 5.2km
Cardiff Triathlon routes
The Cardiff Triathlon takes place in the city's scenic bay and is one of the most hotly anticipated events of the year.
Each swim section will take place in the Bay itself, before a quick transition and out onto completely closed, traffic-free roads. Finally, the race will end with a stunning run along the Cardiff Bay Barrage.
There a five separate events:
Olympic Triathlon: Swim 1500m, Bike 37KM, Run 9KM
Sprint Triathlon: Swim 750m, Bike 18.5KM, Run 4.7KM
Super Sprint Triathlon: Swim 400m, Bike 9.3KM, Run 2.5KM
Age Group ITU Qualifier: Swim 750m, Bike 20.5KM, Run 5.2KM
This year's event will also host the British Age Group Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships (Draft Legal) which doubles up as an Age Group ITU Qualifier.
This race gives the opportunity for elite athletes to qualify for the ITU Sprint Distance Triathlon World Championship's in Bermuda, 2022. All entrants must be British Triathlon Members to register.
Cut Off Times
Swim immersion times
Olympic - 50 mins
Sprint - 30 mins
Super Sprint - 20 mins
ITU Qualifier - 30 mins
All mass participation cyclists must be clear of the course by 10.00 am
Frequently Asked Questions
Cardiff Triathlon weather forecast
Drizzle throughout the day.
Meet the organiser
Cardiff Triathlon reviews
5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Swansea Triathlon30th May 2021, Swansea
- Adventure Championships Triathlon11th Jun 2021, Wales
- Exmouth Triathlon15th May 2021, Exmouth
- Blenheim Palace Triathlon10th Sep 2021, Blenheim Palace Grounds4.8(18)
- Exmouth Openwater Sprint Triathlon4th Sep 2021, Exmouth5(1)
- Bridport Triathlon15th May 2021, Bridport
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.