Not quite ready to book?
Save this event for later and come back to it when you're ready.
Sprint Plus Triathlon, Sprint Triathlon, Sprint Duathlon, and 1 more
Sun 14th Jul 2019
Carlsbad, United States
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
Official booking partner
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £5 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Sun 14th Jul 2019
Sprint Plus Swim will start on the beach at Cherry Ave and swim in a counter clockwise direction (south) towards swim exit/transition. Sprint will start on the beach at Redwood Ave and swim in a counter clockwise direction (south) towards swim exit/transition.
Make sure you are in a low gear to get up the hill out of the transition area. Head south to La Costa. Sprint Plus completes the additional loop with a u-turn heading northbound at Solamar Drive. back to La Costa. Sprint completes the out and back to La Costa.
Start at Tamarack Ave/Transition Area, head north along the sea wall. At the end of the sea wall run up the small hill at Pine Street to head south on Carlsbad Blvd, cross over the Agua Hediona inlet before u-turning again (in line with Tower 30 by the plant).
Organiser route images
- Take Interstate 5 to Tamarack exit. Go west six blocks to Garfield. Turn left or right at stop sign and find street parking. Park in a residential area and walk one block west to Carlsbad Boulevard. The athlete check-in, transition area and finish line are along the bluff, north of Tamarack Avenue.
- Please be courteous of residents in this area! Do not block driveways and keep voices low early Sunday. Do NOT park in “no parking areas” or along the railroad tracks. Violations will result in ticketing and towing.
- Please arrive to transition no later than 6:30am. Allow plenty of time for parking.
- Walking/riding to transition. All Racers will need to be out of transition area by 7:00am (even if your wave is later.)
4:00 PM Registration/Packet Pickup Opens at PlayTri Oceanside
8:00 PM Registration closes
7:30 AM Swim Clinic - Tamarack State Beach
11:30 AM Course Talk with Coach Steve Tally: “Beginner Tips and Advice and Get to Know the Course”
• Race Packet
• Pre Race Evening Tips
• Race Morning Tips – Finding your TA spot, warming up, body marking
• Swim Course – Where to Go and What to Do! Advice for beginners
• Bike Course – Safety and Rules
• Run Course Overview
5:30 AM Late pre-race check in opens
5:30 AM Transition opens
7:00 AM Transition closes - all participants head to your race start
7:00 AM Duathlon Start - Duathletes meet on Carlsbad Blvd at Acacia Ave.
7:05 AM Sprint Plus race starts followed by Sprint races (Wave schedule TBA)
9:00 AM Transition reopens 10:00 AM Awards (time approximate)
10:45 AM Course Closed. All athletes not finishing by this time will be pulled from the course per Carlsbad PD
11:00 AM Transition area closes - All bikes must be removed