How to enter the The SimplyHealth Great North Run
- Run 13.1miStandard Entries
The SimplyHealth Great North Run route
Starting in Newcastle upon Tyne the 13.1 mile route takes runners through the city centre towards the River Tyne where thousands of people will cross over the iconic Tyne Bridge, where if you’re lucky, you might get a glimpse of the Red Arrows passing overhead.
From there runners will travel through Gateshead while being entertained by our Bands on the Run. The route, lined by thousands of supporters, leads runners to South Shields where at the top of Prince Edward Road the view of the sea is one of the most welcoming sights along the whole course.
From that point there is just over a mile to go and the crowds get louder as runners make their way down the final straight towards the finish line.
Please note: the course may be subject to change.
Half MarathonStart Time: 10:40am
Frequently Asked Questions
The SimplyHealth Great North Run weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
You may also like
- Edinburgh Marathon Festival23rd May 2020, Edinburgh4.1(4)
- Simplyhealth Great Manchester Run24th May 2020, Manchester
- Hamsterley Forest 10K & Half Marathon20th Oct, Hamster, Redford
- Leeds Half Marathon10th May 2020, Leeds5(2)
- Hardmoors 26.2 Trail Marathon Series – Saltburn9th Feb 2020, Saltburn-by-the-Sea
- The Asda Foundation Hull Running Festival19th Apr 2020, Hull5(2)