How to enter the The SimplyHealth Great North Run
Do it for a good cause. Make those miles count and register for a charity place.
- Run 13.1miStandard EntriesCharity Entries
The SimplyHealth Great North Run route
Starting in Newcastle upon Tyne the 13.1 mile route takes runners through the city centre towards the River Tyne where thousands of people will cross over the iconic Tyne Bridge, where if you’re lucky, you might get a glimpse of the Red Arrows passing overhead.
From there runners will travel through Gateshead while being entertained by our Bands on the Run. The route, lined by thousands of supporters, leads runners to South Shields where at the top of Prince Edward Road the view of the sea is one of the most welcoming sights along the whole course.
From that point there is just over a mile to go and the crowds get louder as runners make their way down the final straight towards the finish line.
Please note: the course may be subject to change.
Half MarathonStart Time: 9:40am
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question about booking your place? See our Help Center
The SimplyHealth Great North Run weather forecast
Meet the organizer
The Great Run Company are ranked #10 in the UK out of 266 organizers
You may also like
- Gateshead Half Marathon29th Aug, Gateshead
- Hamsterley Beast Half Marathon & 10k10th Oct, Hamster, Redford
- Hamsterley Forest 10K & Half Marathon - October17th Oct, Hamster, Redford5(1)
- Hamsterley Forest 10K & Half Marathon - February6th Feb 2021, Hamster, Redford
- Bank of Scotland Great Scottish Run3rd Oct, Glasgow4.8(35)
- Trail Pursuit Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K28th May 2021, Clappersgate