Distances in this event
- Run 13.1mi
You may also like
- Northumberland Coastal Marathon1st Sep, Alnmouth
- Run Northumberland Cragside Winter Half Marathon3rd Nov, Morpeth
- Redcar Running Festival29th Sep, Redcar
- Spadeadam Half Marathon22nd Sep, Gilsland
- King Of The Hill – Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K19th Oct, Marsden
- Carlisle Half Marathon1st Sep, Carlisle
- Finisher’s medal
- Closed roads
- 57000 participants
From the organizerOrganizer's website
The World's biggest and most iconic half marathon. Be part of this amazing day and run alongside top athletes and celebrity runners. This spectator-lined course covers 13.1 miles from Newcastle, across the iconic Tyne Bridge and onto a picturesque coastal finish in South Shields.
Broadcast live on the BBC, the Simplyhealth Great North Run, on Sunday 8 September 2019, sees thousands of runners take on the half marathon challenge every year. Starting in Newcastle upon Tyne the 13.1 mile course is lined with supporters all the way from the iconic Tyne Bridge, right out towards the stunning coastline in South Shields. Since 1981 the world's greatest half marathon has welcomed over one million people across the finish line in South Shields and we're looking forward to cheering on the next million.
The SimplyHealth Great North Run route
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
- As a slow runner I’m always near the back. Will their still be any support for the slower runnersHi there! There will be just as much support for the slower runners as there is for the faster runners :)