The beautiful setting of Portchester Castle in all its glory will be the setting for the inaugural Portchester Castle 10k. A multi lap 10k around the grounds of Portchester Castle and the local countryside.
Consider these instead
The Portchester Castle 10K has been postponed until TBC. Here are other races in your area:
- ABP Southampton Marathon, Half, 10k & Mile21st Jun, Southampton4.1(5)
- Brighton Marathon Weekend19th Apr, Brighton4.7(34)
- Pizza Run - Southampton19th Jul, Southampton
- Running Grand Prix at Goodwood Motor Circuit- July5th Jul, Chichester
- BHF Health-on-Line Bournemouth Bay Run5th Apr, Pier Approach
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - September27th Sep, Chichester5(2)
Portchester Castle 10K route
From the start, within the walls of Portchester Castle, runners exit the castle onto Castle Street, before turning almost immediately right onto Waterside Lane, then running clockwise, around the outside of the castle walls, until once again they reach Castle Street. All runners then turn to their right, heading down Castle Street, before turning right into Hospital Lane. At the bottom of Hospital Lane, runners turn right, but bear left, and join the coastal path, heading west.
After 100 metres or so, runners continue running along the shorline, to the end of the grassy area, where they turn about and run back, but on the other side of the grassy area, towards the play area. On reaching the play area, turn left and run on the pavement, up Kenwood Road, to Wicor Path, where they turn right. At the very end of Wicor Path, runners crosss Castle Street, onto the pavement and turn left, heading up Castle Street, untill they reach Cow Lane (opposite Castle Street Primary School) where they turn right into Cow Lane.
At the end of Cow Lane runners bear left onto a path and head out towards the coastal path. On reaching the coastal path they turn right and continue along the path, continuing along the path, until they reach the slipway and the front of Portchester Sailing Club.
At this point, runners begin their second lap of the castle wall and continue as they did on lap 1. Once runners have completed their second complete lap of the course and have run around the outer castle wall for the third time, instead of runing back up Castle Street, they turn right back into the castle grounds, turning immediately right onto the field and onto the finish.
10KStart Time: 9:30am
Questions & answers
- Is this still open? I've been trying to book a place!Hey there, bookings should be open now. All the best!
- Got a email,but my name was listed as"Trudy" what's up with that?Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that your name is wrong on the email. If you send over an email to our customer support team they will be able to get this sorted for you - [email protected]
- What age do you need to be to participate and are there medals for the finishers?Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. The minimum age limit to participate is 13yrs and older. There are medals for the finishers :)
Portchester Castle 10K weather forecast
Meet the organizer
Rural Running Events are ranked #91 in the UK out of 379 organizers
Portchester Castle 10K reviews (2)
3 out of 5 stars