Created by London Marathon Events Ltd, in partnership with Sported, The Big Half is a new one-day festival centred around the half marathon distance, which aims to be truly global and uniquely local in a celebration of the wonderful cultural diversity of the great city of London.
Up to 20,000 people will participate in events that include:
1. The Big Half: a half marathon starting at Tower Bridge and finishing in Greenwich, passing through the boroughs of Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Lewisham and Greenwich
2. The Little Half: a relay and other events over different distances of The Big Half course for participants of all ages and abilities
3. The Big Relay will be exclusively open to community groups from the host boroughs of Southwark, Lewisham, Tower Hamlets and Greenwich. Participants will be able to run in teams of four, each person will run one leg of The Big Relay over distances ranging from one mile to five miles.
4. The Big Festival: a celebration of Londons diverse culture, food and music which will take place throughout the day in Greenwich
How to enter the The Vitality Big Half
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 2.4mi
- Run 1mi
The Vitality Big Half routes
The Vitality Big Half race route starts by Tower Bridge. Runners will head to Canary Wharf, then come back along the Highway to cross Tower Bridge into the borough of Southwark as they head towards the finish at the Cutty Sark in Greenwich. You can download a map of The Vitality Big Half course here.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Vitality Big Half weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
The Vitality Big Half reviews
4.3 out of 5 stars
Reasons people recommend this event
You may also like
- Hackney Half Marathon17th May 2020, London4.2(28)
- London Landmarks Half Marathon29th Mar 2020, London4.7(55)
- Royal Parks Half Marathon11th Oct 2020, London4.5(45)
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Half Marathon16th Feb 2020, London4.3(28)
- Reading Half Marathon5th Apr 2020, Reading4.5(30)
- St Albans Half Marathon14th Jun 2020, St Albans4.7(22)