Distances in this event
- Run 26.2mi
You may also like
- Woldingham Marathon & Half Marathon25th Aug, Woldingham
- Richmond Running Festival15th Sep, Richmond4.3(2)
- Thames Meander Marathon & Half – Winter2nd Nov, Kingston upon Thames4.3(19)
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - September22nd Sep, Chichester
- The PodPlus Kent Spring Marathon & Half Marathon5th Apr 2020, Charing4.4(13)
- Andover Trail Marathon1st Sep, Enham Alamein
- Finisher’s medal
- Finisher’s t-shirt
- 750 participants
Meet the organizer
Havens Hospices are ranked #85 in the UK out of 477 organizers
Be part of this major sporting event that takes you from the center of Chelmsford out into the Essex countryside before returning to the city to cross the finish line in Central Park. Rise to the challenge and youll be helping The Js Hospice charity to support young adults with life-limiting conditions across Essex.
Entry fee includes a bespoke medal, technical runner shirt, goody bag, refreshments on route and chip timing. The race village will have toilets, baggage, and changing facilities, as well as refreshments. The race is expected to attract over 1,000 participants - so an early entry is advised.
Other events from this organizer
The Chelmsford Marathon route
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
- Is it closed roads ? Can you wear headphones ? Thanks in advance AlexaHey there, just to let you know that the majority of this race is on closed roads. In regards to headphones, the wearing of headphones, or similar devices, is not permitted at this event given that it is run under UK Athletics Rules of Competition. All the best!
- Hi. Do you send out race packs prior to event or would I need to pick up on day. I see first train out of London arrives c8.45am. Thanks StuartHi Stuart, the race organizer has just confirmed that race packs will be sent out before the race - they will start sending them at the beginning of October :) hope you enjoy the event!
- is this suitable for first time marathon runners?Hey there, just to let you know that this event is a well marshalled professional event perfect for first time marathon runners. It's a flat course run on a closed road with a an awesome medal to top it off. All the best!
- Do you have a map of the marathon course? The map shown under 'course maps' appears to be for a different race - a half marathon starting in Chelmsford and finishing somewhere else.Hi there, I'm afraid the organisers haven't released a course map yet however I can tell you that the course starts and finishes in Central Park in Chelmsford :)
- Are you able to defer a place due to injury?Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of your injury. If you get in touch with customer support they will be able to help you :-) - [email protected] I hope you have a speedy recovery
- Can i use either bone conductive headphones or a bluetooth speaker,,, both allow for marshall instructions to b heard and do not go in or over earHi there. Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately no headphones or similar devices are allowed for this event!