Chicago is now one of the biggest marathons in the world and has developed a reputation as also being one of the best marathon experiences anywhere - a 'must do'. With 45,000 runners this is truly a major event and many think the best of the big marathons, as its status as one of the Marathon Majors (along with London, Boston, Berlin, Tokyo and New York) testifies. With a start and finish in Grant Park, on the shores of Lake Michigan, this flat route takes in much of the shoreline, and downtown areas with their massive and distinctive skyscrapers.
How to enter the Chicago Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
Chicago Marathon route
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon is known for its flat and fast course that starts and finishes in Grant Park and travels through one of the world’s most magnificent cities. The course has produced four world records, several national records and countless personal bests. Runners enjoy the support of 1.7 million spectators as they run through 29 neighborhoods.
MarathonStart Time: 7:20am
Chicago Marathon weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Chicago Marathon reviews (8)
5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- 7 Bridges Marathon18th Oct, Chattanooga
- BG26.2, Half Marathon, & 6K1st Nov, Bowling Green
- United States Air Force Marathon18th Sep, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon14th Nov, Fort Oglethorpe
- Metro Health Grand Rapids Marathon18th Oct, Grand Rapids
- Honest Abe Trail Run20th Sep, Lincoln City
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.