Chicago is now one of the biggest marathons in the world and has developed a reputation as also being one of the best marathon experiences anywhere - a 'must do'. With 45,000 runners this is truly a major event and many think the best of the big marathons, as its status as one of the Marathon Majors (along with London, Boston, Berlin, Tokyo and New York) testifies. With a start and finish in Grant Park, on the shores of Lake Michigan, this flat route takes in much of the shoreline, and downtown areas with their massive and distinctive skyscrapers.
How to enter the Chicago Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
Chicago Marathon route
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon is known for its flat and fast course that starts and finishes in Grant Park and travels through one of the world’s most magnificent cities. The course has produced four world records, several national records and countless personal bests. Runners enjoy the support of 1.7 million spectators as they run through 29 neighborhoods.
MarathonStart Time: 7:20am
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Chicago Marathon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Chicago Marathon reviews (8)
5 out of 5 stars
Reasons people recommend this event
You may also like
- Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K16th May 2020, Cleveland
- Holland Haven Marathon13th Sep 2020, Holland
- Trailbreaker Marathon4th Apr 2020, Waukesha
- GO! St. Louis Marathon28th Mar 2020, St. Louis
- Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon25th Apr 2020, Louisville
- Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon Race Weekend25th Apr 2020, Champaign