Race Across Scotland
Sat, 12 Aug 2023
Portpatrick, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
Official booking partner
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
Based on location
20 to 50m elevation gain per km
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £10 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Sat, 12 Aug 2023
Elevation: +7,218m / -7,120m
- Checkpoint 1 – 13 Miles. Castle Kennedy Fuel Station, DG9 8RY. NX10830 59755
- Checkpoint 2 – 22 Miles. New Luce, DG8 0NB. NX19075 64985
- Emergency Shelter – 27 Miles – Beehive Bothy, Kilgallioch Windfarm
- Checkpoint 3 – 45 Miles. Glentrool Village Hall, DG8 6SY. NX35865m 78428
- Emergency Shelter – 54 Miles – White Laggan Mountain Bothy – Loch Dee
- Checkpoint 4 – 67 Miles - St Johns Town of Dalry Village Hall, Ayr Road, DG7 3SW. NX61895 81190
- Emergency Shelter – 85 Miles – Chalk Memorial Bothy – Poleskeoch
- Checkpoint 5 – 93 Miles. Sanquhar Community Centre, Station Road, Sanquhar, DG4 6BT
- Checkpoint 6 – 101 Miles. Wanlockhead Community Centre, Church Street, ML12 6UT. NS87400 12950
- Checkpoint 7 – 121 Miles. Beattock Village Hall, Craigielands Village, DG10 9QZ. NT07935 02295.
- Emergency Shelter – 132 Miles – Over Phawhope Bothy
- Checkpoint 8 – 138 Miles. Boston Memorial Hall, Scabcleuch, Ettrick, Selkirk, TD7 5JB
- Checkpoint 9 – 164 Miles. Fairnilee Hut, Beside the River Tweed, B7060, Approx TD1 3PR/TD1 3PP. NT45875 32580
- Checkpoint 10 – 182 Miles. Lauder Public Hall, The Avenue, Lauder, Approx Postcode TD2 6SR. NT53050 47670.
- Checkpoint 11 – 196 Miles. The Watch Fishery Lodge, Longformacus, Near Duns, TD11 3PG
- Finish – 215 Miles – Cockburnspath Village Hall, Callander Place, TD13 5XY. NT77363 71195.
- Finisher's Race Across Scotland 215 Mile Buckle
- Live Online GPS tracking
- Waymarked trail following one of Scotland's Greatest Trails, the Southern Upland Way
- 11 Checkpoints Supporting the runners across Scotland
- Single stage continuous race over 100 hours to complete the trail
- Scenery, history, Galloway Forest, rivers and mountain valleys, you'll feel the wilderness but we'll be close by to support your race!
- Stunning route steeped in history
- The Race Across Scotland 215 Mile (7th Edition)
- To ensure that every runner is looked after and accounted for sleep is only permitted at Village Halls, Designated Venues & Checkpoints, or at Support Vehicles.
- Checkpoint 4: St John's of Dalry - Maximum 40cm x 35cm x 40cm (L x W x H) – Small/Medium Pack Up to 30 Litre
- Checkpoint 7: Beattock Village Hall – Maximum 40cm x 35cm x 40cm (L x W x H) – Small/Medium Pack Up to 30 Litre
- Checkpoint 9: Fairnilee Hut – Max 35cm x 25cm x 20cm (L x W x H) – Small/Medium Pack Up to 20 – 25 Litre
- Finish line: Medium Holdall
- If you see a runner in difficulty please inform a marshal, each runner will be provided with a HQ mobile number on their bib.
- No roads are closed so be careful at times when crossing roads.
- There are certain sections that lead onto country road, and/or road crossings – due to the length of the route – it won’t be possible to marshal a 200 mile route. It is the role of the entrant to be self-sufficient.
- If in danger medical staff will be dispatched immediately but may not be able to get to you within 4 hours due to trails
- Please only use your phone if an emergency has arose to conserve battery
- Participants who help other fallen participants may be able to claim back time
- Participants must not drive directly after the event, make sensible arrangements
- Hardcopy Southern Upland Way Map
- Waterproof coat with sealed seams minimum 10,000mm,
- Base plate Compass
- Long Sleeved Base layer (kept in a drybag separate from Starting kit)
- Water bottle or bladder minimum 1 litre capacity
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Survival/thermal Bag or Bivvy bag
- Water purification tablets or Filter
- Backup lightsource
- 'Emergency' Food Rations (500 Calories)
- GPS Tracker (Provided by GB Race Tracker Prior to the Race)
- GPS Handheld device
- Insect repellant
- Tick remover
- First aid kit