Ultra Scotland 50 Mile
1 / 13
See results and photos
Attempt to cover 55 miles in 18 hours, now that's a challenge. Tackle a stunning yet brutally hilly course as you race around some of Scotland's most awe inspiring trails. There will be some tough battles to overcome in this race but it will make the finish line feel that much sweeter at the end.
Sat, 11 Jun 2022
Saint John's Town of Dalry, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
20 to 50m elevation gain per km
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get $10 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
Dalry Town Hall, St John's Town of Dalry, Castle Douglas DG7 3SW, UK
Sat, 11 Jun 2022
Embrace the beautiful Scottish countryside in this awe-inspiring 50 mile Ultra, so make sure you are ready and prepared to tackle this beast of a course. Dig deep as you climb 701m up the iconic Lowther Hill to earn your finisher's medal.
There will be plenty of checkpoints throughout to keep you fuelled and fighting fit.
- CP1: 8 Miles – Stroanpatrick/Culmark, B729, DG7 3UE. NX64020 91703
- CP2: 26 Miles - Sanquhar Town Hall, Church Road, DG4 6DF. NS 78075 10110
- CP3: 34 Miles - Wanlockhead Community Centre, Church Street, ML12 6UT. NS87400 12950
- CP4: 40 Miles. A702, Biggar, ML12 6TH – Large passing place. NS 93125 10035
- Finish: 5 Miles. Upper Annandale FC, Annanside, Moffat, DG10 9HB. NT09049 05026
- Finisher's Ultra Scotland Medal
- One of Scotland's Great Trails
- Prizes for top finishers
- Live Online GPS Tracking
- Official Race photos
- Checkpoint support (part of the Race Across Scotland event series)
- Fantastic support
- Bag Transfer
- Optional coach transfer (added fee)
How to get there
Dalry Town Hall, St John's Town of Dalry, Castle Douglas DG7 3SW, UKGet full directions
There will be a coach transfer that costs £14.99 which will take you from the finish line at 23:59 and is expected to arrive back in St John's of Darly at 01:30.
Event day logistics
05:00 Registration opens
05:30 Registration closes
05:40 Bag drop closes
06:00 - 07:00 Ultra Scotland 50 Mile start window
08:56 Checkpoint 1 cut-off time
15:32 Checkpoint 2 cut-off time
18:28 Checkpoint 3 cut-off time
20:40 Checkpoint 4 cut-off time
23:59 Coach transfer departs finish line
00:00 Finish Cut-off time
01:30 Coach transfer arrives at St John's Town of Darly
All entrants must be the age of 20 or above to participate.
- All entrants must be in good health
- All entrants must have run a marathon or above before race day
- Runners must hand their bags in at race registration no later than 5:40 am
- Please ensure bags are clearly labelled with your Name, 50 mile runner and bib number
- Maximum bag size: 40cm x 35cm x 40cm (L X W X H)
- All runners experiencing difficulty must inform Checkpoint Marshals
- All runners must have Race HQ mobile phone numbers stored on their phone
- Phones must only be used in emergency situations to conserve batteries
- Participants who lose time helping a fallen participant may claim back their time, subject to the Race Directors discretion
- There will be live tracking available for the event with updates on participants positions every 2 minutes
- On the GPS tracker there is an SOS button that can be pressed to immediately alert the Race Director and HQ
- In the event of a medical emergency call 999
Support crews are allowed to help during the race, but must abide by the following rules:
- Depending on the location no more than one or two support crew members can support an individual runner
- Some village halls are smaller than others so there may be some halls that can support a greater capacity of crew members
Is there a bag drop for the Ultra Scotland 50 Mile?
Yes there is please label your bag in the following manner: Your name, 50 mile Runner, and Bib Number. All bags must be handed in before 5:40am.
What is the finish cut-off time for the Ultra Scotland 50 Mile?
All entrants must be finished before 00:00am on the Sunday morning.
How much does the coach transfer cost?
The coach transfer costs £14.99 and will leave the finish line at 23:59 and arrive at the start line at 1:30am on Sunday Morning.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
See results and photos